ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
"Alta Via Content" means all Materials provided by Alta Via.
TYPES OF USERS
Please be aware that certain activities on this Site, such as Knowledge Source >> Articles are available only to persons who are covered under a Subscription Agreement with Alta Via ("Subscribers"). That agreement appear on the Subscription Agreement page on this site.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY; LIMITED LICENSE TO USERS
In addition to the Materials and Services offered by Alta Via, this Site also makes available materials, information, and services provided by third parties (collectively, the "Third Party Services"). The Third Party Services are governed by separate license agreements that accompany such services. Alta Via offers no guarantees and assumes no responsibility or liability of any type with respect to the Third Party Services, including any liability resulting from incompatibility between the Third Party Services and the Materials and Services offered by Alta Via. You agree that you will not hold Alta Via responsible or liable with respect to the Third Party Services or seek to do so.
Use of Alta Via Content Except as indicated to the contrary elsewhere on this Site, you may view, download, and print the Alta Via Content available on this Site subject to the following conditions:
- The Alta Via Content may be used solely for personal and informational purposes.
- The Alta Via Content may not be modified or altered in any way.
- The Alta Via Content on the Site may not be distributed or sold, rented, leased, or licensed to others.
- You may not remove any copyright or other proprietary notices contained in the Alta Via Content.
- Alta Via reserves the right to revoke the authorization to view, download, and print Alta Via Content and any such use shall be discontinued immediately upon notice from Alta Via.
- The rights granted to you constitute a license and not a transfer of title.
For a current list of Alta Via's Marks, as well as certain third party Marks, please refer to Trademark Information page on this site.
You are prohibited from posting or transmitting to or from this Site any unlawful, threatening, harassing, libellous, offensive, defamatory, obscene, or pornographic materials, or other materials that would violate any law or the rights of others, including, without limitation, laws against copyright infringement, and rights of privacy and publicity. Violation of these restrictions may result in denial of or limitations on access by you to this Site.
In using the Site, including all Services and Materials available through it, you agree:
- Not to disrupt or interfere with any other user's enjoyment of the Site or affiliated or linked sites;
- Not to upload, post, or otherwise transmit through the Site any viruses or other harmful, disruptive, or destructive files;
- Not to use or attempt to use another's account, password, service, or system without authorization from Alta Via;
- Not to access or attempt to access any content which you are not authorized to access;
- Not to disrupt or interfere with the security of, or otherwise cause harm to, the Site, or any Services, Materials, system resources, accounts, passwords, servers, or networks connected to or accessible through the Site or any affiliated or linked sites.
MANAGING CONTENT AND COMMUNICATIONS
This Site can be accessed from countries around the world and may contain references to Alta Via products, services, and programs that are not available in your country. These references do not imply that Alta Via intends to announce such products, services, or programs in your country.
The Site is controlled, operated, and administered by Alta Via from its offices within the United States of America. Alta Via makes no representation that the Site, or the Services or Materials available through it, are appropriate or available for use at other locations outside the United States, and access to the Site from territories where the Site or any of its Services or Materials are illegal is prohibited. If you access the Site from a location outside the United States, you are responsible for compliance with all local laws.
PERSONAL INFORMATION AND PRIVACY
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
IN NO EVENT, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, NEGLIGENCE, SHALL ALTA VIA, ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, AGENTS, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, PARTNERS, OR SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THOSE RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS, WHETHER OR NOT ALTA VIA HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF OR THE INABILITY TO USE THIS SITE, ITS SERVICES, OR MATERIALS, THE STATEMENTS OR ACTIONS OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON OR THROUGH THE SITE, ANY DEALINGS WITH VENDORS OR OTHER THIRD PARTIES, ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA, ANY INFORMATION THAT IS SENT OR RECEIVED OR NOT SENT OR RECEIVED, ANY FAILURE TO STORE OR LOSS OF DATA, FILES, OR OTHER CONTENT, ANY SERVICES AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE THAT ARE DELAYED OR INTERRUPTED, OR ANY WEB SITE REFERENCED OR LINKED TO FROM THIS SITE.
SOME JURISDICTIONS PROHIBIT THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, THE LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS SET FORTH ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
NOTIFICATION OF COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT
Alta Via will, in appropriate circumstances, terminate the accounts of users who infringe the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that your work has been used or copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement and such infringement is occurring on this Site or on sites linked to from this Site, please provide Alta Via a Notice containing the following elements:
- A physical or electronic signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest that is alleged to have been infringed;
- A description of the copyrighted work or works that you claim have been infringed and identification of what material in such work(s) is claimed to be infringing and which you request to be removed or access to which is to be disabled;
- A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Alta Via site;
- Information sufficient to permit Alta Via to contact you, such as your physical address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the use of the material identified in your Notice in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- A statement by you that the information in your Notice is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf.
Alta Via can be contacted through the Contact pages on this site on matters relating to notices of claims of copyright infringement. Please ensure the appropriate classification of your notice so as to ensure correct and expedient handling of it.
ALTA VIA SHOULD BE CONTACTED ONLY IF YOU BELIEVE THAT YOUR WORK HAS BEEN USED OR COPIED IN A WAY THAT CONSTITUTES COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT AND SUCH INFRINGEMENT IS OCCURRING ON THIS SITE OR ON SITES LINKED TO FROM THIS SITE. ALL OTHER INQUIRIES DIRECTED TO Alta Via AS COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT NOTICES WILL NOT BE RESPONDED TO. SUCH INQUIRIES SHOULD BE MADE THROUGH THE FEEDBACK PROCEDURE AND THE APPROPRIATE CATEGORY ON THE CONTACT PAGE.
INDEMNITY AND LIABILITY
GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
This Site (excluding linked sites) is controlled by Alta Via from its offices within the state of Tennessee, United States of America. By accessing this Site, you and Alta Via agree that all matters relating to your access to, or use of, this Site shall be governed by the statutes and laws of the State of Tennessee, without regard to the conflicts of laws principles thereof. You and Alta Via also agree and hereby submit to the exclusive personal jurisdiction and venue of the appropriate Superior Court of Tennessee and the United States District Court for Tennessee as applicable with respect to such matters.
COPYRIGHT NOTICE: Alta Via Consulting. All rights reserved. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.